Are you in need of replacing one single tooth along your top or bottom arch? At Bionica Dental Wellness of Delafield, Dr. Holinbeck and her team can easily replace it using a bioceramic dental implant! Instead of allowing your smile to remain incomplete, she can use non-metal implants to not only restore the look of your smile but also improve your oral health by continuing to stimulate the jawbone as well as offer a more natural, healthy alternative to traditional metal implants. To learn more about this type of implant and how it can benefit you and your smile, contact our team today!
Why Choose Bionica Dental Wellness of Delafield for Dental Implants?
- Start-to-Finish Treatment All Under One Roof
- Bioceramic Material to Restore Your Smile and Improve Your Health
- Highly-Qualified and Trained Dental Professional to Administer Treatment
Single Tooth Replacement Options
If you’re considering how best to replace your missing tooth, you may consider one of the following two options:
- Fixed Bridge: Using an all-ceramic restoration that is free of any metal, a fixed bridge can be created to restore the look of your smile. Using your natural, healthy teeth on either side of the gap, Dr. Holinbeck will prep these teeth to ensure they support your custom restoration. Once it is ready, she will affix it over your healthy teeth, allowing the middle crown to sit on top of your gums to fill in the gap.
- Single Tooth Dental Implant: Individuals who prefer a more invasive, permanent solution will find that a single tooth dental implant allows for greater stability and functionality. These bioceramic posts are surgically placed within the gums and mimic the root of your tooth, allowing for continuous jawbone stimulation and preventing changes in your facial shape that can occur as a result of missing teeth and bone resorption.
What Are Single Tooth Implants?
A single tooth dental implant consists of two parts: the bioceramic implant (post) and the customized metal-free dental crown. As a more biocompatible and hypoallergenic alternative to traditional titanium implants, Zirconia makes it possible for individuals with allergies and sensitivities to metal to restore their smile without worry.
While other solutions require the altering of natural, healthy teeth, dental implants only focus on the vacated socket, leaving all other teeth untouched.
These unique restorations also work to mimic the entire tooth structure, allowing you to maintain a natural look and feel for decades. Not only do they preserve the jawbone, but they also make it easier to bite and perform daily functions otherwise proven difficult with a missing tooth (i.e. speaking, chewing).
Benefits of Single Tooth Implants
While dental implants are often the restorative option of choice by many dental professionals, Dr. Holinbeck and her team believe bioceramic implants offer additional benefits to those who prefer a metal-free alternative, some of which include:
- A healthier option than traditional metal because of the decreased likeliness for plaque and bacterial build-up.
- An available option for people with metal sensitivities to opt for a more permanent solution instead of the traditional fixed bridge.
- A way to improve oral health and maintain your facial structure by continuously stimulating the jawbone, preventing natural teeth from shifting out of alignment, and increasing bite force.
- A solution that requires little maintenance other than regular brushing, flossing, and rinsing, as well as keeping six-month dental appointments with Dr. Holinbeck.